For Business Owners With Business Owners
vfdnet seek to always delight our clients as one of our core values. This value has drawn us to create the vfdnet Founders Club. A professionally facilitated group led by Carl Tomlinson and James Shand.
Why vfdnet Founders Club?
Our vfdnet associates have seen first-hand that when a business sale is left to the final six or 12 months the value of the business and outcomes for staff can be detrimentally affected. Some business owners struggle to let go of their ‘baby’ because it has been their life. We can see the mental strain on the MD and founder and how difficult it is to let go when they have no personal plan to follow.
The vfdnet Founders Club will help owners realise the true value of their business when they transfer ownership.
Invited business owners will not only learn, receive and give support to one another but also prepare themselves and their business for future sale.
What you can gain from joining our club
- Networking with like-minded business owners with the same issues and concerns as you.
- Support of peer group with the same goal and business concerns.
- Mentoring from James Shand or Carl Tomlinson.
- Prepare your business for sale – thinking 3-5 years ahead can make all the difference.
- Understand the true value of your business.
- A more attractive ‘sale ready’ business.
- Prepare yourself mentally for the life change that comes with a business sale.
- Accountability with other business owners.
What is the format of the club?
- The members meet bi-monthly in-person and hold a professionally facilitated event over dinner in Oxford.
- At each event, there will be an education spot, financial learnings and takeaways for you to implement in your business.
- Limited places around the table allow for open sessions where members feel comfortable in sharing issues personal to them and their business.
In between the meetings:
- Individual mentoring sessions from James Shand or Carl Tomlinson.
- Peer network support between the club members.
Potential topics could include:
- How attractive is your business to an acquirer?
- What makes an exit ready business?
- How can I separate myself from my business?
- When I leave the business what gaps will appear?
- Why are robust processes so important to an acquirer?
Who is the vfdnet Founders Club for?
It’s important to vfdnet that we get the right people around the business owners table, so it’s an invitation-only club.
We’d generally be seeking businesses:
- With a turnover of £1m+.
- A variety of sectors will be represented and no directly competing businesses.
- With 10 or more employees.
If you’re interested, either reply to your introductory email from Carl or James or complete the short form below. They will then get in touch with an invitation to a forthcoming taster session so you can experience the essence of the club before committing.
How do I know if the club will be right for me?
Come along to a taster meeting where you cover the cost of the event. There is no hard sell. It’s in our interests as well as yours to get the right people around the vfdnet table. Go away, consider and we can have a chat if it’s right for you now.
Membership is £2500 for 12 months.
It’s important to vfdnet that we get the right people around the table at our Founders Club so it’s an invitation-only club. If you’re interested, either reply to your email from Carl or James or complete the short form below. They will then get in touch with an invitation to a forthcoming taster session so you can experience the essence of the club before committing.